mercoledì 2 ottobre 2013

Enzo Zirilli and the project "Zuffanti"



Along with the events of the past weeks let's begin to talk a little ' of the present. Four days ago we officially finished all the recordings and we're starting mixes . Meanwhile we are also defining the cover. The graph of AMS Eugenio Crippa did me some very nice photos in Milan and we are considering various hypotheses making us come up with many different ideas. In addition, with director Simone Besutti, we're thinking of a video clip which we hope to submit in early December.

That said let's go back to the description of the musicians.


August 12

I have always worked with many talented musicians, some with years of study behind, other self-taughts but with the same great talent. The musicians I have chosen for the album however they gave me another lesson in life and character.
Enzo Zirilli is an internationally renowned jazz drummer, his artistic curriculum is scary and have it at my service has been first and foremost an honor and then a lesson in true professionalism.
In the only piece still orphan of drums - "Sotto un cielo nero" - Enzo did the best of his best. In four hours he played a large number of versions of the song, one more incredible than the other. A real rhythm machine totally tireless and with a myriad of ideas so well-aimed that when was the time to choose which to use has put us in crisis. They were all so beautiful that we did not really know which one to choose.
What is the difference between a good musician and a true musician? I think that the true musician never satisfied to add good ideas, he never tires of playing. He is lead by his instinct and his talent to give the best of the best. And as long as this optimum is not achieved true musician not by peace.
I have always been a proponent of "Good first take!" because I believe that in the very first take the musician did his best, then it gets repetitive and takes over the job that threatens to flatten everything. At first all you want is fresh and full of passion. But this attitude can also hide a bit of laziness and unwillingness of application. With Zirilli instead I got a good lesson on how a thorough study of the piece do nothing more than make a mountain out new and brilliant ideas .

I am very happy with the choices I made for this record, sometimes I listen to it - in this version still rough - and I think that it is a bomb ready to explode. I am amazed by his power, his mood dark and scratchy and its amazing technical performance. I exaggerate? And ' likely but all these new and great friends are giving me a very big hand to do it and I think I have learned more in these two months of work in twenty years of music. I exaggerate? No, it's just that the time is ripe and this album and these collaborations were supposed to arrive now, at the end of a journey and the beginning of a new way.


Find all the infos on Enzo Zirilli here: http://urly.it/27tj

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento