mercoledì 25 settembre 2013

Riccardo Barbera: July 18



For the first time since sound I decided to entrust the bass parts on a disk to another musician. As much as I love this instrument and may be able to pull something decent out of it there's no doubt that I have some technical shortcomings. And since this new album's compositions often contain highly "technical" areas seemed to make sense let play in it someone who could do what I could'nt. On the one hand I have to say that a I was a little sorry not play my instrument but when I heard what Riccardo Barbera took out I could not help but think that you have made ​​the right choice.
Riccardo in Genoa is considered one of the best bass players and is basically a jazz musician but also a valuable and unexpected rocker.
It always seems to be exaggerated with too much enthusiasm. But how do you not get excited when seeing a perfect performance by a musician who entrust your songs and enriches it with exactly what you wanted and more? This is what Riccardo has done with the bass on my record. Accurate, powerful, delicate when it needed and groovin' at the right points. Better not get too used otherwise I will not want to play in my records .
Riccardo has played all over the album alternating the electric bass, fretless and double bass. Wonderful in particoular his contribution on the most orchestral song: "Una sera d'inverno", where it was literally able to sing his instrument under the intense symphonic apparatus. In the most difficult sections he also pulled down note for note every part and playing very accurate. I could not have asked for better.

Find a variety of detailed info on Riccardo's career here:


Here are a couple of videos documenting the recording sessions 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento